Shopping for a good used vehicle is almost like going on a treasure hunt -- the pathway is often arduous, but the reward in the end is worth it. If you are looking to navigate the used vehicle market for a new driver, we are here to arm you with some helpful tips and tricks:
- Set your budget and stick to it! The first step is to narrow down what you are looking for. The used car industry is full of options, so it is smart to go in with an idea of what you are looking for.
- Choose the right car for your new driver. Figure out what your new driver is looking for. For example, beginning drivers may need a car equipped with safety features, or perhaps a roomy trunk for your son’s football gear.
- Make sure the car you are looking at has a history of reliability and dependability.
- Browse online, looking at reputable websites, for good used cars.
- If you find a vehicle, use a pricing guide to decide how much the car is truly worth.
- You can also check out the vehicle history report by getting the vehicle’s identification number from the owner.
- Before you see the car, ask the owner any questions you may have. The answers to these questions might save you time from going out and seeing the vehicle.
- Go on a test drive, carefully looking at the interior of the vehicle for any signs of wear and tear. Make sure the radio works, along with the A/C and heating system.
- Bring your vehicle to D&K Automotive for a pre-purchase inspection. Our team will perform a thorough inspection, searching for any red flags or problem areas.
- Armed with information provided by our team, you are ready to either find another vehicle or negotiate with the owner and close the deal.
If you are looking to purchase a used vehicle, it would be beneficial to bring this car to our shop for an inspection. We will carefully and thoroughly examine your potential vehicle for any signs of trouble. Schedule an appointment today. D&K Automotive Repair is located at 712 E 18th Street in Antioch, California.