We need to keep ourselves hydrated, especially in the summer heat, but we also need to be mindful of the fluids in our car. There are 7 fluids that are absolutely essential to your vehicle -- they perform a crucial part in keeping your vehicle running safely and securely, no matter where, what, or how you are driving.
Here are the seven essential fluids in your vehicle:
- Oil: This fluid almost goes without saying, as we all know how important an oil service is, but oil is responsible for keeping all the moving parts in your vehicle lubricated.
- Radiator Fluid: Your radiator fluid keeps your engine from overheating, and with summer almost here, we can all imagine how vital it is for a technician to examine this fluid level.
- Transmission Fluid: This fluid keeps your transmission properly lubricated, while preventing both expensive and dangerous problems.
- Power Steering Fluid: If you are like the rest of us, we would all like to maintain our ability to steer our vehicle. Power steering fluid plays an important part in this. It keeps this system lubricated, while adding power to your ability to control the car’s wheels.
- Brake Fluid: Your brake fluid adds power to your braking system, which allows you to safely stop and not crash into other vehicles.
- Air Conditioning Coolant: With the weather warming up, you will want to have this fluid inspected by a technician, as it is plays a vital role in ensuring this system is working properly.
- Washer Fluid: This fluid isn’t directly operating in your engine, but it does keep you safe. Your windshield wipers are your first line of defense against the elements.
D&K Automotive can examine each and everyone of your fluids to ensure they are at the appropriate levels. We are here to ensure the driveability, longevity, and safety of your vehicle. Schedule an appointment today. D&K Automotive Repair is located at 712 E 18th Street in Antioch, California.